Tuesday, November 6, 2018

PASTOR JOHN COLLINS, JOHN COLLINS MINISTRIES: INVITED


From Pastor John Collins:



“Then He said to him, ‘A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, ‘Come, for all things are now ready.’ 
But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.’ 
And another said, ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask that you have me excused.' 
Still another said, ‘I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.’ 
So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.’ 
And the servant said, ‘Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.’ 
Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highway and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.” Luke 14:16-24 (NKJV).
God has invited you to come to His supper and to join Him in celebration. Are you one of those who received the invitation and are just too busy to come? Is your job keeping you busy, your home and family keeping you from God, or your cars, clothes, friends, hobbies and past-times keeping you from joining God at His supper?

God deserves time, our time and attention and our thoughts and actions. God deserves for us to consider Him, take time for Him and to obey the gospel and that takes time. Obeying the gospel is not accomplished in a few hours a week. Obeying the gospel is a way of life, a devotion of thought, time and effort. Obeying the gospel is a conscious decision to show up with bells on ready to serve every day and every minute of that day. Do you have your priorities right? Have you been invited to supper only to ask to be excused because your life holds your full attention?

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.” Luke 14:26 (NKJV).

PASTOR JOHN COLLINS, JOHN COLLINS MINISTRIES: MOB CONFORMITY

God or Satan? Conform or Righteousness?   From Pastor John Collins: "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand again...